New and Featured
New Interactive Map of Plano/Dallas Neighborhoods
This interactive map highlights the various neighborhoods in the Plano and Dallas Metroplex area. You can click on each red dot to see a pop-up featuring a short description of what makes that neighborhood unique.
Additionally, this map highlights both a 10 and 30-minute commute time from the new Toyota HQ.
Plano and North Dallas at a Glance
Dallas is the ninth largest city in the United States, third largest in the state of Texas, and is the economic center of the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex. Plano, one of the northern suburbs of Dallas, is 20 miles north of downtown Dallas and 30 miles from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. This information focuses on Plano, but also provides some information about the Dallas Metroplex.
- Population of Plano: 263,122 – the fourth largest city in the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex
- Population of Dallas Metroplex: 6.8 million – the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States
- Size: Plano - 71.6 square miles
- Median Age: Plano - 34 years
- Education (Plano): over 53% have four years of college or more
- Coldest month is January (average high: 56°F; average low: 34°F)
- Warmest month is July (average high: 95°F; average low: 74°F)
Located 20 miles north of downtown Dallas, Plano features a diverse community, award-winning schools and affordable housing. Plano residents enjoy interesting restaurants, live music, plentiful recreation opportunities and easy access to all of the attractions of Dallas. The ninth largest city in the U.S. and anchor of the Dallas Metroplex area, Dallas is home to 18 Fortune 500 companies and six professional sports teams. Dallas also has the largest urban arts district in the country. Plano was ranked #1 in AreaVibes' list of Best Places to Live (2013), named one of the top 10 cities to raise a family by homes.com (2012) and listed as one of America's best suburbs by Movoto (2014). In addition, Forbes rated Plano one of the safest cities in the U.S. (2011) and selected Plano as one of the "Top Suburbs to Live Well" of Dallas (2008). For more information on Plano and the Dallas-Fort Worth area, check out these links:
- Interactive Map of Plano/Dallas Neighborhoods
- Visit Plano (brochure)
- Moving Guide: Plano
- City of Plano
- Plano Chamber of Commerce
- Plano & North Dallas at a Glance Primer
- Guide to Dallas
Get Social with Plano
Stay current on the happenings in and around Plano by subscribing to the city’s social channels:
The contents of the pages and resources linked on this site are provided by third-party companies, not Toyota.