New and Featured
New Interactive Map of Georgetown and Lexington Neighborhoods
This interactive map highlights the various neighborhoods in the Georgetown and Lexington area. You can click on each red dot to see a pop-up featuring a short description of what makes that neighborhood unique.
Additionally, this map highlights both a 10 and 40-minute commute time from the Toyota campus.
Georgetown and Lexington at a Glance
Georgetown is the second largest city in the Lexington-Fayette Metropolitan Statistical Area, and home to the first manufacturing facility Toyota built in the United States. Georgetown is 15 miles from Lexington, the second largest city in Kentucky; 20 miles from Frankfort, the state capital; and 60 miles south of Erlanger. Two international airports are within reasonable driving distance.
- Georgetown Population: 30,271
- Lexington Population: 308,428
- Size (Lexington-Fayette County: 285.5 square miles)
- Median Age - 28 years
- Education – 40% have four years of college or more
- Warm season is May 25 – September 19 with an average daily high temperature above 76°F (average high in July and August is 86°F)
- Cold season is November 30 – February 24 with an average daily high temperature below 49°F
Located in the heart of the Bluegrass Region, the Georgetown and Lexington area is known as the Horse Capital of the World. It is a diverse community with a stable economy built on an abundance of government and technology jobs. Residents enjoy interesting restaurants, plentiful outdoor recreation opportunities and several museums, as well as the sports, education and art amenities associated with the University of Kentucky. The city is home to many thriving arts organizations including a professional orchestra, two ballet companies and a highly respected opera program at the University of Kentucky.
Lexington was ranked #7 in Forbes magazine’s list of Best Midsize Cities for Jobs (2013), and #3 in CNN Money Magazine’s list of Best Places to Retire (2013). Parenting Magazine listed Lexington #5 in Best Cities (2010). Livability.com ranted Lexington #5 in its list of Top 10 College Towns (2013), and Movoto Real Estate listed Lexington #5 in its list of the Top 10 Best Cities for Home Buyers (2013). For more information on Georgetown and Lexington, check out these links:
- Detailed community profile (Georgetown and Scott County)
- Things to see and do in Georgetown
- Things to see and do in Lexington
- Bluegrass Region (Kentucky Tourism)
- Chamber of Commerce (Georgetown;Lexington)
- City of Georgetown
- City of Lexington
Get Social with Georgetown and Lexington
Stay current on the happenings in and around Georgetown and Lexington by subscribing to the city’s social channels:
Useful Links for Georgetown and the Lexington Area
The contents of the pages and resources linked on this site are provided by third-party companies, not Toyota..